Re: Grid-pedition to CN98

Eric <radio@...>

Paul,

Any day of the week is good with me - as long as I have the heads up.

I have worked all grids in Washington in one mode or another, but I do not have LotW confirmation on CN76 or CN98.

As far as PODX 070 #s go, I’d need to check and get back to you.

Thanks for making this effort!

Another country heard from,

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

On Jun 18, 2020, at 6:50 AM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@butzi.net> wrote:

All right, sports fans, I think I’m ready to take a swing at this.

The plan will be to head out to a small park in Granite Falls, WA which is just barely in the SW corner of CN98. I’ve never seen the park, never been to Granite Falls, but I have checked aerial imagery of the spot and it looks like there’s a modest parking lot that is clear of overhead trees, public toilets, and easy access. I’m even hoping for cell phone coverage.

Here’s what I need to know: what time of day do you all think is most promising? I was thinking 2100Z to perhaps 0100Z or perhaps even later if conditions are good. Suggestions on bands to try would be helpful as well, so I can be prepared with Tarheel settings.

Suggestions on days of the week folks would find most useful are also welcome.

And finally, if you’re chasing grids and there are grids in WA state you need, let me know. Looking at Steve’s list of grids it looks to me like CN96 might be worth a trip (it helps that Mt. Rainier NP lies in CN96, and it’s a beautiful spot).

But also there are a bunch of grids along the WA coast that seem like they might be worth a trip, although for PODXS070 purposes they are excluded because it’s only a wee sliver of land that lies within the grid. But I am intrepid and have spent a great deal of time photographing on the coast, and I think it should be possible to work from those grids. I’m thinking CN76, CN77, CN78 are all possibilities if I make a trip to the coast.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!