Re: Operating portable and logging issues

Stephen Melachrinos

John (and Paul) -

Actually, the only things that have to match to get a LoTW confirmation are date/time/callsigns/band/mode. Once that match is made, you get credit for wherever the other station says he was and he gets credit for wherever you say you were. DXCC entities are defined solely by the certificate that is used for the upload, but secondary administrative subdivision (state, province, oblast, prefecture, etc), grid square, IOTA, are all defined by the station location. It doesn't matter where I think you are--it's what you put in your station location in TQSL. 

So John is right--you have to partition your log by location, and then create a new station location in TQSL for each of those logs based on where you were. Make sure you match the log to the location when you upload, or you won't give the right credit to the other stations.

Steve
W3HF

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jun 13, 2020 8:08 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Operating portable and logging issues

I just look for the /P and see you're on the go.  As far as LOTW goes, my understanding is that if the grid you upload and the other stations upload don't agree there is no confirmation.  If that's the case, every time you change grids you would have to go into the Station Location in TQSL and change the grid.  Might want to drop a line to the LOTW help desk.  For us grid chasers, all we need is the new grid.  Will be looking for you.

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.