Re: ARRL

Jerry N9AVY

A while back ARRL boasted that U.S. Hams numbered around 620,000... yet the ARRL membership sits at around 152,000 from what I've been able to gather from email & forums. Let's not forget that there are still a lot of Life Members as well who pay zero into membership coffers. Does ARRL really represent all hams ???

Jerry

On Saturday, June 13, 2020, 10:55:51 AM CDT, K8TOM <tsingle@...> wrote:

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 08:23 AM, Ken Campbell wrote:
Field Day is supposed to be first and foremost a disaster preparedness and traffic handling exercise.

Well, yes.  But ARRL as a membership organization has additional goals not directly related to those stated.  I imagine they would tend to go with whatever get the "numbers" up.

Tom
K8TOM