Re: ARRL

James Wilson

I agree that ft8 is a very poor mode to exchange data. Js8call is well designed cross between psk and ft8 and justifiably useful in exchanging data but few people use it.

I think psk and other digital modes will rebound when band conditions improve.  Given the choice between very qsos and ft8 many have chosen ft8.

73 K6wrj

On Jun 13, 2020, at 8:55 AM, K8TOM <tsingle@...> wrote:

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 08:23 AM, Ken Campbell wrote:
Field Day is supposed to be first and foremost a disaster preparedness and traffic handling exercise.

Well, yes.  But ARRL as a membership organization has additional goals not directly related to those stated.  I imagine they would tend to go with whatever get the "numbers" up.

Tom
K8TOM