Re: ARRL

Ken N6PCD

Hi Lee,

I am in the same boat. I LOVE the PSK modes, and used to work it almost exclusively. As you said, along came the JT and FT modes, and PSK went almost dead. Why? Because hams abandoned PSK for the FT modes due n large part to the horrible condx on HF.

Iā€™m hoping that as condx improve, more folks will return to PSK. Field Day is on short final, and his would be a great opportunity for us to employ PSK.

Personally, I think it was a fundamental mistake to allow the FT modes to be used for Field Day. Remember, Field Day is supposed to be first and foremost a disaster preparedness and traffic handling exercise, not a contest. The FT-4 and FT-8 are anything BUT traffic passing modes.

End of rant. šŸ˜‰
--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD