Re: ARRL

Leland Sly

I really don't get involved or understand all the politics of all of this.  All I know is that when I got started in ham radio I did a lot of PSK.  Then in 2017, I think, FT8 came out and most of the PSK activity went away.  A lot of the SSB and CW activity also went away.  It all switched over to FT8.  Like or not that has to be the most popular mode of operating right now.

I also think that is one of the reasons why I have done so well in the contests recently is that I really like to make a lot of PSK contacts and the only chance I get is with the 070 Club contests.

Thanks for keeping them going.  Greatly appreciated.

73

Lee N5SLY

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 5:34 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
No one.
On Thursday, June 11, 2020, 05:24:29 PM CDT, David, K9DWR <david@...> wrote:

* Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> [2020-06-11 17:19]:
> Let my membership in ARRL expire. Got and email today with a link to a
> survey about renewal.
>
> Took this opportunity to vent my frustration with ARRL and their refusal to
> rein in Joe Taylor K1JT, and his roughshod behavior about taking over
> segments of the band that historically by gentlemens agreement have been
> used for PSK operations.  Pointed that they have done nothing to protect us,
> are bowing down to the almighty Joe Taylor and for that reason, myself, and
> many other PSK operators are not renewing or joining.
>
> Doubt anything comes of it, but I feel a better.

Yeah, it would be nice if they would be more proactive in managing this
kind of thing.  The main reason I supported them was because they are
our main lobby entity in DC, but this kind of thing is really turning
into a mess that didn't need to happen.  If I wasn't a life member, I'd
probably consider letting it lapse, too.

The question I have though, is "who is the alternative to support?"

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...