Let's not forget those "special event stations" who were worked under their special event call and Eqsl'd under their home calls which they were only required to give out once an hour. That really bugged me and I had a few "go rounds" with those guys.

Was almost tempted to work them under my DX Call sign - UF0OL ! ha-ha !

Jerry n9avy

On Sunday, June 7, 2020, 08:18:53 PM CDT, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri@...> wrote:

I do the same. I upload to eQSL the original log. That provides matches for most of the incoming. And that don't match get researched to see if it's my error or theirs. Most of the errors are simple "wrong band" or "wrong mode." A few are simple "not in log"; some of these are days when I wasn't on the air (maybe a busted call) or a station that didn't realize I was working someone else.

The ones that bug me (as I think Jerry has pointed out) are the folks who get a new callsign and then upload their WHOLE log under the new account. I can't tell if maybe they've configured their logging software incorrectly to result in this. Those always get a "you weren't <new callsign> at the time so I can't confirm this QSO" reply.

From: Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Jun 7, 2020 8:08 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Eqsl confirmations ?

I check ALL of my eQSL’s to make sure they are in the log on the date, time, band, mode, etc in question and if not then they are rejected.

I’ve had a few where they got the band or the mode wrong and I would send them an email, not giving any information but letting them know that it was incorrect to double check their log and most of the time they come back with the correct info.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jun 7, 2020, at 4:23 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Wondering how many of us bother to check if stations who send Eqsls are really stations we've worked or do we just blindly go ahead and respond with our Eqsl.

Have had a few I've rejected over the past few months... mostly from Europe.  One station claimed he worked me 25 April .. wasn't even on the air that day.   Think there are some who "think" they worked a station, but in reality the heard what they "thought" was the station working them , but the station was in QSO with a different station.

Guess I'll be checking Eqsl now closer than ever.  Still prefer LoTW because it's nearly impossible for that sort of thing to happen.   LoTW has been down here since 22 Jan 2020, but am working at getting it up and running again.  Had to get a new certificate.

jerry  n9avy