Re: Eqsl confirmations ?

Eric KG6MZS

Jerry,

I’ve never been a big fan of eQSL but I have been rethinking that.

I decided to upload my log for the first time in a long time and I got a few emails telling me about some problems with my log. Sometimes my internal clock doesn’t correct for UT when my computer boots up. I usually spot this and correct it, but not always. A few people where kind enough t to notify me of this error and I went back and corrected two dozen or so bad entrees. Thanks to them some other QSOs got verified on LoTW.

Thanks to eQSL!

Another country heard from,
73 de Eric, KG6MZS

On Jun 7, 2020, at 1:23 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Wondering how many of us bother to check if stations who send Eqsls are really stations we've worked or do we just blindly go ahead and respond with our Eqsl.

Have had a few I've rejected over the past few months... mostly from Europe. One station claimed he worked me 25 April .. wasn't even on the air that day. Think there are some who "think" they worked a station, but in reality the heard what they "thought" was the station working them , but the station was in QSO with a different station.

Guess I'll be checking Eqsl now closer than ever. Still prefer LoTW because it's nearly impossible for that sort of thing to happen. LoTW has been down here since 22 Jan 2020, but am working at getting it up and running again. Had to get a new certificate.

jerry n9avy