Re: WOW !! - TDW 2020 is in the Logs!

Jim K5SP

Congratulations Mike!

It seems like the first 100 are the hardest to get these days, because band conditions are not conducive to operators being on the air.  Reaching the next plateau will come sooner than you realize, because TDW proved that when people are on the air, contacts CAN be made.

Looking forward to you receiving another sticker for LONP contacts.

On 6/1/2020 11:29 PM, Mike W4BZM wrote:
Stan,
     You periodically post my status, so I'll offer this summary update:  The request for LONP has been submitted  :)

     I wasn't a serioius competitor in TDW.  I had neither the multi-band antenna nor the time available to try to rack up a high score.  So I operated as a search-and-pounce "sharpshooter", taking advantage of the contest as an opportunity to contact PODXS members I had never logged before.  Going into the contest:  96 members logged.  After the contest:  104 members logged.  Mission successful.

     I know it's a small achievement compared to Jerry N9AVY or our other more experienced members, but having just started using PSK-31 in Jan 2017, I'm pretty happy to make the first plateau.  On to 150!

     Thank you for your continued encouragement, both before and after the TDW contest.

Mike W4BZM

--
Jim,  K5SP #483