Re: Sending logs ???

Stephen Melachrinos

Not all scoring systems are set up the same way. 

Back when PSK31 was invented, it was (for a while) the only PSK mode. So the ADIF standard called it a MODE and defined the MODE as PSK31. This results in an ADIF entry that includes the following:

<MODE:5>PSK31

After a while, PSK submodes proliferated. For a while, they were added as additional modes, like

<MODE:5>PSK63
<MODE:6>PSK125

Eventually there became so many that the ADIF standard was changed to define all the variants as part of a PSK "MODE" family, with defined (and required) submodes. That results in the above three becoming

<MODE:3>PSK<SUBMODE:5>PSK31
<MODE:3>PSK<SUBMODE:5>PSK63
<MODE:3>PSK<SUBMODE:6>PSK125

Many systems still accept the now-deprecated MODE of PSK31, in order to retain compatibility with older logging software. And the KJ4IZW software (upon which our current but soon-to-be-nonfunctional) award scorer does. Eventually, I would expect the backward-compatibility t end, so every ADIF file with have to use both MODE and SUBMODE to define PSK31.

Steve
W3HF

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070club.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Jun 1, 2020 8:04 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Sending logs ???

Ok great. It seemed o
To work last time I updated my QSO’s for awards but I screwed it up this time somehow.

Anyway, thanks I upload in a bit.

Steve 
VA3FLF

On Jun 1, 2020, at 20:01, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Steve-
I should have been clearer.  When you export from HRD Logbook, export it to just an ADI file.  In the Fields to Export, use the  ADIF Only button.  Choose a file name and save somewhere on your computer - not to ADIF master.  There is no need to strip anything out before you upload your saved file to the contest checker.  
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.