Some non-members are in violation of Part 97

Jerry N9AVY

Over the past several months, have seen many stations violate Part 97 regarding ID procedures (ref 97.119a Station Identification). Which states that station ID must be given initially, every 10 minutes thereafter and at the end of the contact.

The trend seems to be to say "73 and SK (end of transmission with no response required)" and just disappear. Stations who do this can at some time expect to receive an FCC Official Notification of Violation. While no PODXS members are guilty of this, am pretty sure most of violators have never read Part 97 and just don't know. Amateurs used to be proud of their operations, but it seem,s that in past decade or so a lot of sloppy operators have hit the airwaves.

The new FCC Monitor program is just beginning and I'm sure they will find fertile hunting ground amongst digital operators; especially the unruly FT8 operators. Let me state that this is not that widespread and it's just a few who are problematic.

PODXS Members are great operators and should be good examples to all.

<end of rant>

n9avy