TDW

Jim K5SP

Ladies and Gentlemen, we, as a club have just completed one of the most memorable Three Day Weekend contests in all the years I have been a member.

Just a few short months ago, the future did not bode well for this great organization of PSK operators remaining in existence.  There has been, and continues to be a tremendous amount of effort by the volunteers to ensure the club continues, and that all the components return to as normal as possible.

This weekend proved to me, beyond a doubt, that the members of this club are some of the finest operators in the world. All weekend long, there were signals all over the bands, and the number of members (and non-members) participating was astonishing.  Through the efforts and patience of all, we can and WILL ensure the 070 Club survives well into the future.

While there are many people that I would like to thank, and many of you know who you are, I want to take this opportunity to thank some special people, that put hours in the chair, to ensure that everyone had equal chances to reel in those Bonus points.  This years group that W3HF, N7WE, K5SP, K9DWR and W9SMR decided would provide the most coverage from coast to coast performed in an outstanding manner.  It seemed that no matter what band I was on, or what time of day, I could find these guys handing out Bonus Points as fast as possible.  If I could not see their signals, I could see others making contacts with them. So, a special WELL DONE to the following:

N5SLY Lee
VA3TPS Steve
KC3FL John
N9AVY Jerry
KK6KMU Bob
VA7GEM Barry

And after this weekend, I don't want to hear Barry complaining that no one ever wants to work him. Hi HI.

Again thanks to all for a great TDW.

Jim K5SP
Executive Director

--