Re: Dupes?

Stephen Melachrinos

My experience with that is that many ops don't realize that uploading their log to eQSL results in eQSLs sent to everyone in the log. And although they would never send out paper QSL cards with the new call to old QSOs, they forget that's what is happening. I'm sure it's an oops, but eQSL has instructions on how to handle a callsign change, and (more importantly), how NOT to handle a callsign change.

Maybe your guy had just joined eQSL and forgot which account he was in when uploading. It's kind of the inverse of the situation I see a lot.

From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sun, May 31, 2020 8:30 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Dupes?

Had a guy send me 2 Eqsls for QSOs , but he used his old call which I didn't recognize. They were rejected by me. Later I went to QRZ and checked his call sign (current one) and it also listed his former calls.
Sent off an email to him and he resubmitted Eqsls with current call sign. Think I may have been a legitimate oops and he forgot to change his call with Eqsl. It happens.

Jerry

N4BC was K4THX
On Sunday, May 31, 2020, 02:56:43 PM CDT, Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...> wrote:

Trouble is if you work the person and have it in your log and then delete because it is a duplicate, what will you do if/when he sends you a QSL card or eQSL or LoTW?  I keep ALL stations worked no matter what and some stations I have worked at least 20 times or so over the years.

Best just to keep them. Doesn’t hurt anything.  This is just MHO.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On May 31, 2020, at 11:57 AM, N9JCA Chris Matthews <chris.n9jca@...> wrote:

Eric
It's real easy with ACLog ( if you are using it )
1) Make sure all the info is filled in on your contacts
2) Click on File or Edit  ( Top left )
Look for Clear Duplicates
Click on it
All you're dupes should now be gone
Chris N9JCA
73

On 5/31/20 3:48 PM, ac2fa via groups.io wrote:
My opinion - work the dupe and move on. Leave it in your log.73,BobAC2FA Sent from my iPad
On May 31, 2020, at 11:45, Eric KG6MZS <eric@...> wrote:Hi All,I’ve almost always searched and pounced in contests.  This time I decided to do some calling and it was a bit of an eye-opener.When I was seeking out stations and answering their CQs, I could control the exchange a bit better.I haven’t been telling the answering stations when we are a dupe.  Should I be doing that?  And now that I have a certain number of dupes, do I submit them or cull them out before submitting my log?I have no idea which one the other station will submit.TIA73 de Eric, KG6MZSPS;A plea to answering stations: when the calling station asks you to repeat something, please do it more than once!I have repeat macros ready for repeating the requested info multiple times.