Re: Dupes?

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Trouble is if you work the person and have it in your log and then delete because it is a duplicate, what will you do if/when he sends you a QSL card or eQSL or LoTW?  I keep ALL stations worked no matter what and some stations I have worked at least 20 times or so over the years.

Best just to keep them. Doesn’t hurt anything.  This is just MHO.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On May 31, 2020, at 11:57 AM, N9JCA Chris Matthews <chris.n9jca@...> wrote:

Eric

It's real easy with ACLog ( if you are using it )

1) Make sure all the info is filled in on your contacts

2) Click on File or Edit  ( Top left )

Look for Clear Duplicates

Click on it

All you're dupes should now be gone

Chris N9JCA

73

On 5/31/20 3:48 PM, ac2fa via groups.io wrote:
My opinion - work the dupe and move on. Leave it in your log.

73,
Bob
AC2FA

 Sent from my iPad

On May 31, 2020, at 11:45, Eric KG6MZS <eric@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I’ve almost always searched and pounced in contests.  This time I decided to do some calling and it was a bit of an eye-opener.

When I was seeking out stations and answering their CQs, I could control the exchange a bit better.

I haven’t been telling the answering stations when we are a dupe.  Should I be doing that?  And now that I have a certain number of dupes, do I submit them or cull them out before submitting my log?

I have no idea which one the other station will submit.

TIA
73 de Eric, KG6MZS

PS;

A plea to answering stations: when the calling station asks you to repeat something, please do it more than once!

I have repeat macros ready for repeating the requested info multiple times.