From: Eric KG6MZS <eric@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, May 31, 2020 4:31 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Dupes?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I’m using HRD’s Logbook - not the best for contests, I know, but it’s OK.

I know how to delete one of the dupes - it’s pretty easy.  I was wondering if I *should* delete it before submission.  On the off chance that any contest official might cross-check logs, which one would the other party submit?

If it’s no great hardship on the checker (Thanks David), I think I’m inclined to take Bob’s (AC2FA) advice and just leave it.

I’ve never really had this problem before.

73 de Eric KG6MZS

On May 31, 2020, at 8:57 AM, N9JCA Chris Matthews <chris.n9jca@...> wrote:

Eric
It's real easy with ACLog ( if you are using it )
1) Make sure all the info is filled in on your contacts
2) Click on File or Edit  ( Top left )
Look for Clear Duplicates
Click on it
All you're dupes should now be gone
Chris N9JCA
73

On 5/31/20 3:48 PM, ac2fa via groups.io wrote:
My opinion - work the dupe and move on. Leave it in your log.

73,
Bob
AC2FA

 Sent from my iPad

On May 31, 2020, at 11:45, Eric KG6MZS <eric@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I’ve almost always searched and pounced in contests.  This time I decided to do some calling and it was a bit of an eye-opener.

When I was seeking out stations and answering their CQs, I could control the exchange a bit better.

I haven’t been telling the answering stations when we are a dupe.  Should I be doing that?  And now that I have a certain number of dupes, do I submit them or cull them out before submitting my log?

I have no idea which one the other station will submit.

TIA
73 de Eric, KG6MZS

PS;

A plea to answering stations: when the calling station asks you to repeat something, please do it more than once!

I have repeat macros ready for repeating the requested info multiple times.