Re: Dupes?

Stephen Melachrinos

I figure that a quick exchange takes about the same time as explaining he's a dupe. So (especially this time) I just did what Bob said: work the dupe and move on.

I also vote for leaving in the log. The checker will remove it. (Sorry David.) Technically, it IS a QSO--it's not like it didn't happen. It's just a QSO worth zero points in the contest.

I think I have six or seven in the log so far this weekend.

Steve
W3HF

-----Original Message-----
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sun, May 31, 2020 3:59 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Dupes?

It may slow down your "rate", but I guess that doesn't mean much in a PSK31 contest. Hah !

Jerry n9avy
On Sunday, May 31, 2020, 10:48:46 AM CDT, ac2fa via groups.io <ac2fa@...> wrote:

My opinion - work the dupe and move on. Leave it in your log.

Bob
AC2FA

 Sent from my iPad

> On May 31, 2020, at 11:45, Eric KG6MZS <eric@...> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I’ve almost always searched and pounced in contests.  This time I decided to do some calling and it was a bit of an eye-opener.
>
> When I was seeking out stations and answering their CQs, I could control the exchange a bit better.
>
> I haven’t been telling the answering stations when we are a dupe.  Should I be doing that?  And now that I have a certain number of dupes, do I submit them or cull them out before submitting my log?
>
> I have no idea which one the other station will submit.
>
> TIA
> 73 de Eric, KG6MZS
>
> PS;
>
> A plea to answering stations: when the calling station asks you to repeat something, please do it more than once!
>
> I have repeat macros ready for repeating the requested info multiple times.
>
>

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.