Re: Dupes?

Jerry N9AVY

It might be polite to tell them they're a DUPE so their logs don't get messed up. Have had several "dupes" this weekend probably because they don't have a dupe checker or don't bother to use it. MixW has one but one has to pay attention to use it... plus I have a somewhat natural retention of calls for a few hours (hah !).

Had a couple who just understand what a "dupe" was... it's a duplicate contact on the same band. However, under poor band conditions that message probably didn't get through. "Worked before" doesn't seem to work either and ignoring them sometimes won't make them go away.

Eric, glad you brought this subject up. Perhaps it will help a few ?

Jerry n9avy

On Sunday, May 31, 2020, 10:44:53 AM CDT, Eric KG6MZS <eric@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I’ve almost always searched and pounced in contests.  This time I decided to do some calling and it was a bit of an eye-opener.

When I was seeking out stations and answering their CQs, I could control the exchange a bit better.

I haven’t been telling the answering stations when we are a dupe.  Should I be doing that?  And now that I have a certain number of dupes, do I submit them or cull them out before submitting my log?

I have no idea which one the other station will submit.

TIA
73 de Eric, KG6MZS

PS;

A plea to answering stations: when the calling station asks you to repeat something, please do it more than once!

I have repeat macros ready for repeating the requested info multiple times.