Re: KD9DVB

Jerry N9AVY

Chuck:

If you have a "tuner" the 80m dipole should load up just fine on 40m... might also work on 15 m and other bands. Not sure what vertical you're using but tonight I was on my Butternut HF-6V vertical because the dual sloper wouldn't load up on 80m. Put some radials under vertical it may help.

73, Jerry n9avy

On Saturday, May 30, 2020, 09:32:52 PM CDT, Chuck M via groups.io <cam51mail@...> wrote:

My little CS-108G struggles to put out 10 watts on most bands without going into ALC issues, red dashes on the screen.  On 80M it's pushing out 15 to 20 without a problem.  Using MFJ-874 to measure output vs what it shows on the radio's display.

Wasn't having much luck with my vertical, so switched to horizontal dipole for 80M.   Seems to be doing a little better.

Thanks for the contacts.  Over 90 now. Happy with that as my first TDW contest.  Hopefully get over 100 before it ends tomorrow night.

73s
Chuck
KD9DVB

On Saturday, May 30, 2020, 10:24:02 PM EDT, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri@...> wrote:

Yes. It was rough--a lot of QRN here--but got it.

Thanks.