Re: Space X launch few minutes ago

Stephen Melachrinos

Or remembering exactly where they were at 10:56 pm EDT on 20 July 1969.

(And yes, I did that from memory.)

From: malcolm heard <heardmalcolm2017@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io
Sent: Sat, May 30, 2020 9:06 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Space X launch few minutes ago

Bet more people than me can remember watching John Glenn and Mercury launch.

Malcolm
Ke0jbt

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 3:23 PM Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
Yes!  The Dragon flew!  And it was specatular.  I watched on NASA TV since there were clouds between us and the Cape.  Normally we can watch from our driveway.

You can't imagine how much this means to central Florida to have our manned space launchs back.  When the shuttle program was shut down, the whole space coast went into really severe economic decline.  Thousands of jobs were just gone.  And they weren't service industry jobs.  They were high tech and high skill with high pay.  Ramping up the USA Space Program again is a major event!  There has been a steady increase in jobs and the economy since they announced the Return To Space program.  No more shipping millions and millions of dollars per ride to the ISS to Russia.  We'll get to keep those dollars at home where they belong!  God Bless the USA and our space program!

Malcolm Heard, M.S.
7516 South 37th Street
Lincoln, NE 68516
heardmalcolm2017@...