Re: Space X launch few minutes ago

Eric <radio@...>

Similar stories here, Rick.

I have a friend that worked as a technician for presses in the newspaper business.  He lost his job and struggled until he retooled his skills and got hired by Space X.  Now he is thriving.

I know this is just anecdotal, but the aerospace industry in this country really needed this launch to go well.

Thankfully it did.

73 de Eric KG6MZS

PS: I saw here a while back where Miami got 15.50 inches of rain in three days.  That’s more than LA averages in a year!

On May 30, 2020, at 1:23 PM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Yes!  The Dragon flew!  And it was specatular.  I watched on NASA TV since there were clouds between us and the Cape.  Normally we can watch from our driveway.

You can't imagine how much this means to central Florida to have our manned space launchs back.  When the shuttle program was shut down, the whole space coast went into really severe economic decline.  Thousands of jobs were just gone.  And they weren't service industry jobs.  They were high tech and high skill with high pay.  Ramping up the USA Space Program again is a major event!  There has been a steady increase in jobs and the economy since they announced the Return To Space program.  No more shipping millions and millions of dollars per ride to the ISS to Russia.  We'll get to keep those dollars at home where they belong!  God Bless the USA and our space program!