Re: Space X launch few minutes ago

Chuck M

Many moons ago my in-laws lived outside of Dade City in an RV park called Traveler's Rest.  Was able to watch one of the launches from there when it was high enough.  Very exciting.

Chuck
KD9DVB

On Saturday, May 30, 2020, 4:23:12 PM EDT, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Yes!  The Dragon flew!  And it was specatular.  I watched on NASA TV since there were clouds between us and the Cape.  Normally we can watch from our driveway.

You can't imagine how much this means to central Florida to have our manned space launchs back.  When the shuttle program was shut down, the whole space coast went into really severe economic decline.  Thousands of jobs were just gone.  And they weren't service industry jobs.  They were high tech and high skill with high pay.  Ramping up the USA Space Program again is a major event!  There has been a steady increase in jobs and the economy since they announced the Return To Space program.  No more shipping millions and millions of dollars per ride to the ISS to Russia.  We'll get to keep those dollars at home where they belong!  God Bless the USA and our space program!