Guys,

I'm ignorant of these new JT modes by do have a sense of the issue.  Can we just learn how to change the frequencies (if it is at all possible) and propagate that information to the world?  Obviously not everyone will listen, but it might start a trend and if it implies that JT won't or can't make the adjustment, that might encourage him to reconsider.

Pete, WV3S

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 9:23 PM Mike Besemer - WM4B #348 <mwbesemer@...> wrote:

I wrote him a very polite and carefully worded email when this debacle started several years ago.  (For the record, I work for the Department of the Air Force and write correspondence for Colonels and General Officers, so I know how to tip-toe around an issue.)  His response to me was basically to pound sand – he was the great JT – wizard of all modes digital - and he’d do as he damn well pleased, since PSK was SO 1990s.

You can give it a shot… maybe you’ll have better luck than I did -  but personally I wouldn’t pee on his head if his hair was on fire.

Mike

WM4B

From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chuck M via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 8:10 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] More FT8 creep

Should we all email JT with a civil and polite request to not use psk frequencies?

Emphasize civil and polite.  Don't want a flame war.  We should take the high ground.

Or would this cause more problems?

Something to ponder.

73s

Chuck

KD9DVB

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 7:35 PM, Jerry N9AVY

<n9avy@...> wrote:

Figured that. Not a big priority for ARRL with them being quarantined.

Jerry

On Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 06:20:22 PM CDT, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Jerry -

It's not Lee's fault--he just copied the ARRL web page at:

That still says "Official Observer Program" as of 2320z today. But the link to the OO program is broken.