Re: TDW start time

Dan Morris - KZ3T

That’s right, one should ALWAYS use UTC/GMT time for their logs not only as you stated Jerry but also because if they want to get confirmations from other stations, especially DX, it may not happen via LoTW or even eQSL or QRZ.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On May 27, 2020, at 2:18 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

John:

If all you logging software is running GMT/UTC that shouldn't be a problem. I've always run UTC for logging to avoid all that confusing conversion stuff... we have 4 time zone in U.S. and that should be a good reason to use UTC/GMT.

73, Jerry
On Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 12:56:46 PM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

The start time for TDW is 0000 UTC 29 May ( Friday) which I believe is 8 PM ESDT 28 May (Thursday).  There is a countdown timer on the PODXS home page that at 2 PM Wed (18:00 UTC) says the sprint starts in one day and 13 hours.  That looks like 3 AM EDST (07:00 UTC) 28 May (Friday).  Is there any way to reset that timer?  There is a lot of time conversion here so maybe I'm confused.