Re: Alerts?

B. Smith, N3XL

Mike,

I probably should have mentioned that you can feed FLDigi into Log4OM. I have it set up that way along with N1MM Logger and WSJT-X feeding into Log4OM. Log4OM also feeds all of the electronic logging sites, fills in names , etc. It is nice and free – although they do accept donations like everybody these days.

73, Bill N3XL

From: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io> On Behalf Of B. Smith via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2020 4:01 AM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Alerts?

Mike,

It will be hard to verify the 070 info in particular, but if you use a logging program, Log4OM for example, many have a “Worked Before” feature, you can avoid dupes if you want to.

CU in the contest. I work dupes and let the chips fall where they may!

73, Bill N3XL

From: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike W4BZM
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 21:37 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: [070Club] Alerts?

(This is probably a stupid question, but I'll bet someone in the club has the answer  I'm not proud, so...)

Question:  Is there a good way to flag 070 members during the upcoming TDW event?

I'm runing Fldigi 41.09 for PSK-31, coupled to N3FJP's Amateur Contact Log 66 for logging purposes.  Fldigi is in CAT control and communicates with ACL via TCP API   When I double click on the station call in the Fldigi receive window, the station info from QRZ.com automatically populates the ACL windows.  ACL has a Watch List function that is supposed to provide an alert when a call on the watch list pops up; however, that doesn't seem to be functional when I have tried to test it.  

1.  Can anyone help with the seemingly non-functional ACL watch list?

2.  Assuming that #1 is resolved, is there a way to load the ACL watch list from the hamclubs.info list, other than manually typing in every PODxS member's call sign?

Note:  I'm only five QSOs away from LONP, and during next weekend's TDW I'd like to concentrate my search on stations that are PODXS members but which I have not logged.  I can generate an Excel spreadsheet to help, but that's either a paper look-up or yet another window open on an already-crowded set of screens.

I know it's likely that only PODXS members will be calling "CQ TDW" and ACL will then flag any never-worked contact as "new", but there is always the 070 member that will just call "CQ" and I'd like to catch those, too.

Any suggestions (other than reverting to an unfamiliar program at this late date) would be appreciated.

Thanks!  
Mike W4BZM

--
Bill Smith, N3XL

--
Bill Smith, N3XL

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.