Re: Down but not out!

Lewis Karriker (Sonny) - K4ARE - #2347

Jim - I have 2 of those and love them - I bought the first one new and then about a year later found this like new one for a great price.  So, now run one on SSB and the other on Digital - enjoy,

Lewis - K4ARE - 2347

On 5/22/2020 2:06 PM, Jim K5SP wrote:

Shhh! Don't tell XYL that it might be just a battery. Will check that, but just got home from Paris TX, purchased new TS590SG in a "Crazy Deal" from Main Trading Company.

Jim

On 5/22/2020 9:00 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
John:

You may be correct in assessing the problem. THe TS-570 does have a battery and my best guess would be that is the problem. Several years ago I had similar problem with my TS-850SAT and it went screwy.

Replacing battery solved the problem. There a several instructions and videos on the net about replacing TS-570 battery. This may very well be a quick fix !

Jerry n9avy
On Friday, May 22, 2020, 06:14:53 AM CDT, John Kirby <n3aaz_qrp_1@...> wrote:

Jim,

Some Kenwoods  (my TS690S for example) have a mercury battery to keep memory alive. Mine is a CR2430, about the size of a US quarter, with solder tabs, located d-e--e---p  behind front panel.  Been several years since I did a lobotomy, but, full instruction on the www.

72 73 74  P^3
John 1941
N3AAZ 1957
070 1337 / LONP 0349