Re: Down but not out!

Paula K7PAX #1739

I replaced the battery in my TS-940SAT a few years ago. Like John said, I was able to find detailed instructions on the web for my particular rig.

Paula K7PAX #1739

From: main@070Club.groups.io [mailto:main@070Club.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jerry N9AVY
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 07:01
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Cc: Jim K5SP
Subject: Re: [070Club] Down but not out!

John:

You may be correct in assessing the problem. THe TS-570 does have a battery and my best guess would be that is the problem. Several years ago I had similar problem with my TS-850SAT and it went screwy.

Replacing battery solved the problem. There a several instructions and videos on the net about replacing TS-570 battery. This may very well be a quick fix !

Jerry n9avy

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 06:14:53 AM CDT, John Kirby <n3aaz_qrp_1@...> wrote:

Jim,

Some Kenwoods  (my TS690S for example) have a mercury battery to keep memory alive. Mine is a CR2430, about the size of a US quarter, with solder tabs, located d-e--e---p  behind front panel.  Been several years since I did a lobotomy, but, full instruction on the www.

72 73 74  P^3
John 1941
N3AAZ 1957
070 1337 / LONP 0349