Re: Chat Room Availability

Stephen Melachrinos

Taking my own advice, I just logged on to 070 Chat on groups.io. Here's the link:

I realized as I used it that if someone only accepted an invitation to join the email reflector and didn't create a login for groups.io, then there IS that additional step to use the chat room.

From: Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io <melachri@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, May 16, 2020 5:18 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Chat Room Availability

I'd like to ask a fundamental question: Have people tried the groups.io chat room and found it deficient? Or is it just that no one (including me) seems to remember that it's available? After the last interchange, I discovered that I had bookmarked it in my browser the last time it came up, but never think of using it.

Yes, I've heard of Slack, and I've even used Zoom. And nothing against either of those platforms, but everyone on this reflector already is on groups.io. I'll bet that no other platform already has a 100% penetration among our group, so there will be effort in getting people to sign up, and some never will. Before we start suggesting that people create new accounts and/or download new software, let's evaluate what we have. And if it doesn't meet the needs of the group, then we can look elsewhere.