Re: Chat Room Availability

Chuck M

Anyone else familiar with Slack?  We use it for our local club.  Also used by the Indiana Elmers Group.

Can have separate channels for various topics.  Free to use.  Easier to back track and follow topics, i.e. 6M skip.

Not good for file storage, calendar, and some other limitations.

Chuck
KD9DVB

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 12:43 PM, N9JCA Chris Matthews
<chris.n9jca@...> wrote:
To All Members of 070

The other day, someone asked, was there a Chat Room available, to setup
skeds etc?. Yes there is, it's on the .io Group website, but from what I
see, it's rarely used. Someone replied that a different Group has a
dedicated Chat Room setup, just for this purpose, and it would be nice
to have one setup for 070 Group.

This got me thinking.I have a spare Computer, and I have a Zoom
Account.I would be willing to setup this Computer, and dedicate it for
an 070 Chat Room. If the Membership, would like this to happen, send
some feedback, and I'll see what I can arrange.

Chris N9JCA

73

PODXS 797