The KL7 ones trip me up a lot. It would be nice if they at least signed /P or /2. Looking for RI, it is disappointing to see a 1 and find they are actually a 4.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

73 Alan WL7CG

On 5/2/20 8:18 AM, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io wrote:
There are some legitimate reasons for that that don't bother me:

- Getting the call while in the area but then later moving. (I don't want to give up W3HF if I move after retirement.)
- Someone reclaiming a callsign s/he previously held, but has since moved out of area.
- Getting the call in memory of the previous holder, who was a close relative and is now a silent key.

FWIW, the FCC still considers Alaska, the Pacific islands, and the Caribbean islands to be restricted with respect to call sign assignments. So any call with an H, L, or P as the second letter can only be issued to an applicant in those areas UNLESS one of the above exceptions apply.

From: Eric <radio@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, May 2, 2020 12:08 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] 366 Chasers / Other Endorsements

:::guiltily slinks off::::

:)

I wouldn’t want a vanity call that didn’t have my area’s number

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

On May 2, 2020, at 8:49 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

FCC database showed previous holder of call as a silent key and the guy in Idaho grabbed call as a Vanity Call (this is why I'm not a fan of Vanity Calls).

--
The Grid and Prefix Awards Program - GAPA
http://gapaawards.com https://groups.io/g/GAPA