Re: Frustration

Jim K5SP

Okay, let's squelch this thread before it turns into a war!

We all understand the frustration of the poor propagation causing operators to utilize modes that are designed for low signal strength.   We all don't agree/operate on all modes, just the ones we like, so let's stop picking on those that are willing to communicate by any means.  I do not operate in the voice portion of the 7MHZ band because of the "lids" that use SSB, and that is my freedom of choice, as operating FT modes is anyone elses.

So, please let's just let this thread die!

Membership Director/Group Moderator

On 4/23/2020 2:00 PM, Lauri Lundgren wrote:
I didn't think I was complaining about anything,  Merely stating what I thought of operating FT-8.  I have no problem with anyone using that mode, or any other.
At least they're using their radios.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020, 2:43 PM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

> I eventually updated my station and really enjoy the ragchew of PSK but when the band is in bad shape or the pickens are slim I change modes and continue to radio.  That's the important part to me,  radioing.

In my experience this works and is a good plan.  Sadly many hams, when the pickings are slim, get online and complain about how FT8 is ruining the entire universe.  Why they consider this more fun than FT8 I don’t know, as the process of complaining about FT8 appears to be about the same as letting your computer solve your crossword for you.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

--
Jim,  K5SP #483