Re: Why Is It...?

Eric <radio@...>

Hi Bill,

I just start off as if it was me that was calling CQ and the other op never knows.  I am not impatient with them.

 I think you are right about the macros, though, because it does seem to be ops that don’t venture out beyond macros that do this.

In contests it’s a little more confounding because search and pounce macros and running macros should be predetermined.

Another country heard from,

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

On Apr 23, 2020, at 11:36 AM, B. Smith via groups.io <bill.n3xl@...> wrote:

With the non-standard macros that are standard for PSK, I can easily see someone choosing the wrong one. I have done so and hope I didn't offend. I suggest a little more patience.
73, Bill N3XL

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 14:17, Eric
<radio@...> wrote:
That this happens:

Him: CQ CQ CQ K1XYZ K1XYZ k

Me: K1XYZ de KG6MZS KG6MZS kn

Him: KG6MZS KG6MZS de K1XYZ K1XYZ K1XYZ kn

You would think we were past that point and they would just get into the QSO without responding like I was the one calling CQ.

I see this in contests too - which is only slightly less annoying that stations that answer a "CQ Test" with the exchange before you acknowledge them.

OK, off the soapbox now…

:)

73 de Eric KG6MZS