Re: MFJ Anecdote

Chuck M

Had purchased a MFJ-259B analyzer from SK estate sale several years ago.  Has firmware V2.21, shows year of 1998.  Worked well for first couple of years I had it, then started acting up.  Wouldn't do some of the advanced features.

Checked with MFJ support, ordered a new chip, didn't fix problem.  So contacted MFJ again about issues.  Ended up sending it and chip in for service.  Got credit for chip I didn't need and they got it running very well.  Not perfect, but it all works with some playing around.

MFJ service guy, Jimmy Allen, knows his way around the analyzers.  Met him at the 2019 Hamvention in Xenia.

Also own several other MFJ products.  Generally have worked well for me.

73s
Chuck
KD9DVB

On Sunday, April 12, 2020, 03:24:25 PM EDT, radio@... <radio@...> wrote:

Mike;

My experience with my 259B antenna analyzer has likewise been excellent.  It has been a workhorse for me.

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

On Apr 12, 2020, at 12:12 PM, Mike - W0TMW #2207 <mikew@...> wrote:

I've had a number of MFJ products over the years, mostly tuners, I'll admit, and have had zero problems. My 1990's era antenna analyzer still works, too---better than some of the new other brands when compared in the field.

Mike - W0TMW #2207