Re: St. Pat's Soapbox--my view

Jerry N9AVY

DISCLAIMER:  I have never used FT-8 and there are no future plans to do so.   😊

What I generally do is send “CQ (whatever contest) de  n9avy n9avy (2X) k “

My exchange is “N9RWC 599 IL  599 IL  QSL ??  de  Jerry  N9AVY K “

When Ray gives his info I reply with “ N9RWC  QSL  TU  GL 73 de  n9avy”

It might be a tad overkill, but with current conditions it gives Ray the opportunity to get all info and an acknowledgement.   Try to keep it short, but want to give other station a chance to get it all okay. There was an instance this weekend when a station called/worked me 5 minutes later claiming no previous contact earlier.  I went ahead and worked that station a second time because of possible difficulty/QRM at their end.  Went back a struck previous contact from my log , although I Eqsled both contacts.

Have been QRMed during contests many times and most are courteous enough to rework contact.

A good logging program helps by listing previous contacts when you plug in correct call sign. So that eliminates “DUPES” (duplicate contacts).

Ray   no problem with using me as an example, hi hi !

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: "Richard Rohrer" <kc3ef@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io

I have to admit that I am in the middle on this topic.  I agree with Peter that the exchange should be kept to a minimum.  I don't need to know what the WX is or what kind of chips are in the station computer.  I also realize that this is not a hard core contest.  I know that I will work about the same 30 or 40 stations that I usually work in a 070 contest, so if an operator wants to say hi I don't see that as a problem.  I guess the important take away is to have fun.  My 2 cents.

73
Dick - KC3EF