says it all for me .... I change to chit chat mode all the time during the contests

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Sunday, March 22, 2020, 04:41:55 PM CDT, Dan Morris - KZ3T <dbmorris315@...> wrote:

Well stated David.  Could not have said that better my friend.

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Mar 22, 2020, at 5:33 PM, David, K9DWR <david@...> wrote:

This is probably a good time to point out that tone matters in effective communication.

While the point Peter is trying to make is valid; there’s a good way, and a poor way to make it.  Using a combative, flame-worthy tone is not going to sway anyone to your side when identifying and trying to correct an issue.

Please think about framing this kind of soapbox in a more constructive manner.  It’s sufficient to point out the problem, provide examples of what would be better, and move on.  Using phrasing that is effectively name-calling and ranting doesn’t help anyone be better at operating, and potentially scares away people that could be helped rather than berated.  If you want better operators, help them be better.  Yelling at them helps nobody.

David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...

On Mar 22, 2020, at 16:01, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Peter:

You’re most likely preaching to the choir here because most PODXS member (should) already know this.  Have said it over & over that contacts must be short and sweet (only required info .. which does not include eye color nor your dogs name).

This contest I put in a couple hours until my hands stopped working efficiently… left hand is the worst and it cramped up so bad I was in pain.  Guess my contest days are numbered.

Didn’t work any new LONPs; so for me contest was a bust.

Maybe if we all keep griping about contest behavior some may get the point, but I rather doubt it.  Wish I had a button on rig that when pushed would out and slap those who aren’t with the program ! 😊

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10