From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim K5SP
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2020 5:30 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] St. Pat's Soapbox--my view

Wait a minute! One of the great things about our contests, and something that we are proud of, is the fact that they are relaxed laid back events !

Our members know this, and appreciate the lack of pressure to produce high numbers. We think nothing of taking the time to say hello to old friends (I am not saying that you exchange your full information). Many times non members ask for information, and we should take the time to help them, that is how our membership grows.

We DO NOT want our contests to turn into the dog eat dog fiascoes that some CW and RTTY events have become. We, as the premier PSK club stay and operate as gentlemen/women.

So what if someone gives a little more info than the "suggested" exchange states; it is what helps to make our club unique, and makes our contests more fun.

My .02

Jim, K5SP