Re: ALERT - 366 Chasers – Leap Day

Jeff Cartnal

I'll also be on looking for anyone who need the 29th! Good luck to all the 366 seekers!

Jeff WM9F #1732

From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of stan robinson <robinstan@...>
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 11:04 AM
To: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io>
Subject: [070Club] ALERT - 366 Chasers – Leap Day

Time to really focus on grabbing that illusive Leap Year Endorsement (February 29).

February 29th – Leap Day – only happens once every 4 years.  And there is an 070 Endorsement specifically for logging a QSO on Leap Day.  It was first offered in 2016 and 198 members earned it so far.  This is your chance to add it to your own accomplishments.

That one date is also holding back many from the coveted 366 Award for making a QSO on all 366 calendar days.

Of our 2,734 members, only 44 have achieved 366.

These 7 folks need ONLY February 29 to complete Leap Year and 366 Endorsements:

WM4B,

M5PLY,

SA7BXU,

F8BFU,

WB8YXF,

KE0GHU,

K4ARE

Many, many folks need 2/29, and this is your last chance for another 4 years to grab it. It occurs on a Saturday (UTC) this year and everyone should look for a chance to get on and make that contact.

Make a call:  CQ  CQ  Leap Day, and see what you can come up with!

To see what dates you need for 366, upload your full log and check the "Online Endorsement Checker". In the "In Progress" section, click on "Target" for the 360 category and a list of needed dates will show. If you have a problem seeing that, please just let me know.

This will also give a big boost to the LONP chasers! Congrats to Charles, WJ4HCP who uploaded 107 member QSO’s on February 6th to qualify for LONP. Good job!!

The next PODXS 070 Event is the St. Patrick's Day Contest starting Friday evening 8:00 p.m. EDT March 20 and running for 24 hours. This contest includes all bands 160M to 6M (no WARC) with a single power category less than 50 W. Spell "Erin Go Bragh" for bonus points. Check the website for details:  St. Patrick's Rules

PSK-31 Rocks!!

73,

Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611