Re: Was Weird signal? - Now Audio Up or Down?

radio@hollywoodtitle.com <radio@...>

Good question,

I turn up the audio when I am calling CQ so I can do other things around the shack while waiting to hear that *pitch*.

Another country heard from,
73 de Eric, KG6MZS

On Jan 18, 2020, at 10:56 AM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Ok Jerry, it's a slow Saturday here, so you made me curious.

Lets hear from everyone.

Do you operate PSK31 with the audio up or audio down?  Personally, I have always done PSK31 with the audio gain all the way counterclockwise. All the info I need is there on the waterfall, and the XYL isn't subject to squeaks, squawks, and warbles.  Did I mention static bursts?  We get those a lot here in central Florida.  I also run with the AGC off and just ride the RF Gain.  Think it improves the low signal reception.  Am I missing something by not listening?