Was Weird signal? - Now Audio Up or Down?

Rick - N7WE

Ok Jerry, it's a slow Saturday here, so you made me curious.

Lets hear from everyone.

Do you operate PSK31 with the audio up or audio down?  Personally, I have always done PSK31 with the audio gain all the way counterclockwise. All the info I need is there on the waterfall, and the XYL isn't subject to squeaks, squawks, and warbles.  Did I mention static bursts?  We get those a lot here in central Florida.  I also run with the AGC off and just ride the RF Gain.  Think it improves the low signal reception.  Am I missing something by not listening?