Re: PSKfest – Heads Up ! One week away...
Paul NU4C <nu4c@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
To all 070 members,
I don't normally communicate via email due to poor health. Likewise PSK and other on air activity. But I do monitor this group daily.
I discovered PSK and 070 about 10 years ago and was immediately hooked. Since then nearly 99% of my operating was PSK. Now with solar conditions so poor and newer FT8 & FT4 sucking all the oxygen out of traditional digi portions of the bands PSK is on life support. Its up to us to provide CPR.
I support Don. More members should lead to more PSK acivity on the air. Its time to eliminate the 50 contact requirement for membership in 070.
Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
Hi Jim K5SP,
-------- Original message --------
From: "Don_KB9UMT via Groups.Io" <dhobson123@...>
Date: 12/29/19 13:00 (GMT-05:00)
Subject: Re: [070Club] PSKfest – Heads Up ! One week away...
I always look forward to seeing the PSK activity on the bands the 070 contests and events cause....it's great to see that and personally I know 070 Staff does lots of work with not so much thanks so thanks for all the 070 Staff and you folks do to promote PSK activity on the bands.
Since you brought up about a member needing 7 more contacts to become a member I'm wondering if the 070 staff has discussed these questions:
- Why is there requirements that a to become a 070 member you have to have 50 PSK contacts and 1 confirmed?
- Out of all the other digital mode clubs like EPC, DMC, 30MDG, FH, etc. only 070 requires QSOs prior to becoming a member to become an active 070 member...wouldn't it be better to just let anyone join then get more active with 070 and PSK?
- Noticed that ALL 070 Contests are open to anyone now....so why not open 070 membership to anyone that just wants to join without having 50 PSK contacts and 1 confirmed?
- Keep in mind that 50 PSK contacts years ago could be completed in a day or even a few hours but with FT8 taking the front seat for most used digital mode why would you want to limit members that just want to join and now that contests are open to anyone wouldn't that make more sense?
- I have also noticed that most times I am on the 070 Website that over on the right side of the Home Page "Who's Online" most times there is between over 100 to over 200 guests online looking at 070 so why not open it up for membership to anyone with no hoops to jump....just request membership then hope for more members to increase 070 and PSK activity..?
Again just wondering and it would be nice to see 070 membership numbers and PSK activity on the bands increase so I'm all for 070/PSK.
070 # 1227