Re: Club Log results

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 06:20 PM, Milton Garb wrote
We're the recruiters ,  I joined PODXS two and a half yrs ago and there have been only 146 new members since,   58 newbies a year, pretty poor growth.
I'm not sure how difficult it is to create a new endorsement but I think a "Recruitment Endorsement" could help increase membership.  Add to the application form a spot that asks "Who got you interested in PODXS?"  Create different levels and there will be a lot more of us talking up the club and the membership should grow.  I've seen a few members talking the club up to stations and  a few days later I see that station has joined the club, so talking it up works.

As I said, I joined two and a half yrs ago, however I started to work FT8 for 5 or 6 months and left PSK.  I did work psk every once and a while and ran into Stan (W9SMR) and we got chatting abt PODXS and I told him I could never figure out how to upload my log and he explained how to do it.  Yup, it is explained in the welcome package, the one I put away in the bottom drawer and never read.  hihi  Since that day I have worked only psk31 mode.  The challenges gave me new incentive, no more FT8.  About 5 or 6 weeks ago I added to the macro that tells how I qsl,  "I also upload to PODXS".  Since then I have had at least 5 members ask me how to upload the log.  Guess I'm not the only one that filed that welcome package away.