Re: 070 Club Status

Paula K7PAX #1739

Very much thanks to all volunteers who are striving to keep the club going. I am/was a member of several clubs, but this is my favorite and I would hate to lose it. Thank you all again!

Paula K7PAX #1739

From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim K5SP
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 15:13
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] 070 Club Status

I have had some queries about whether the 070 Club will continue to exist, and concerns that the club is folding.

Behind the scenes, we have had several volunteers step up to assume duties to ensure that the club does NOT fold.  We do have a daunting task ahead of us in completing the change, and request your patience with the changes are being made. We have a new management team (some new, some keeping old jobs) ready to assume the club leadership roles.

As you may be aware, the scorer is not working properly.  New software is being written for this purpose as you read this.  Until this software is completed and in place, we have a team that will be using Excel to score the contests, and we plan on posting results as soon as possible.  We also have several unanswered questions regarding the website, and it's hosting. Currently it is hosted on a server of one of the members. In the interim work is being done to create a new website.  If you have any experience of knowledge of Joomla, please speak up.

Bear with us while we strive to keep the club intact. We do ask your patience, and I want to remind all, that not one member of the teams is getting paid, we are all volunteers, and have to balance this club with our regular jobs and daily lives. Again if any of you would like to volunteer in this task, please speak up now.

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director