And your work is appreciated.

Pete
WV3S

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 6:58 PM JEFF WALSH <jeffwalsh1644@...> wrote:
Thanks to Jim and all the others working to keep the club alive.

On Nov 17, 2019, at 5:12 PM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

I have had some queries about whether the 070 Club will continue to exist, and concerns that the club is folding.

Behind the scenes, we have had several volunteers step up to assume duties to ensure that the club does NOT fold.  We do have a daunting task ahead of us in completing the change, and request your patience with the changes are being made. We have a new management team (some new, some keeping old jobs) ready to assume the club leadership roles.

As you may be aware, the scorer is not working properly.  New software is being written for this purpose as you read this.  Until this software is completed and in place, we have a team that will be using Excel to score the contests, and we plan on posting results as soon as possible.  We also have several unanswered questions regarding the website, and it's hosting. Currently it is hosted on a server of one of the members. In the interim work is being done to create a new website.  If you have any experience of knowledge of Joomla, please speak up.

Bear with us while we strive to keep the club intact. We do ask your patience, and I want to remind all, that not one member of the teams is getting paid, we are all volunteers, and have to balance this club with our regular jobs and daily lives. Again if any of you would like to volunteer in this task, please speak up now.

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

--
WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater