My apologies, I was mistaken.

Jim K5SP 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S10e, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 11/10/19 7:56 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Confused

Jim -

First of all, the TDW does NOT operate that way. Never has.

Second, this subject came up last night on the reflector, and I gave the "one contact per band over all three days" answer. Last night I had checked one of the top logs from last year's contest, and observed that there were no "multi-day" dupes. Tonight I checked another top log, and found that the scorer flagged a "multi-day dupe" and gave it zero QSO points. So the scorer does enforce the rule as I described it.

Steve
W3HF

-----Original Message-----
To: 070Club <070Club@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Nov 10, 2019 8:13 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] Confused

I concur the rules need clarification about the time blocks, even if the scorer does not match QSO's.  I may work W3HF early in the morning hours, decide not to submit that block, and then work him again later in the day, at night, and count that block.,

As for the number of times we can work a station, for some reason I am thinking that a couple years ago there was this same discussion, and it was decided that you could work a station in a submitted block once per band, per day.  So, if I made a contact with W3HF on 40, 80, and 160 each day of the contest, then I could have a total of 9 legitimate contacts. I think this is how the TDW works (without going to look at the rules), and we should have all of our multi day contests work the same way in that regard.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.