From: Stephen Melachrinos via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2019 6:53 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Confused

John/Jerry -

I have never been a fan of contests where you choose the operating periods. I think it has the potential to spread stations' operating time around, instead of concentrating it during a specified period. But you are exactly correct in that it's possible for someone to work you and then not submit that QSO. But you would get credit even if the other station doesn't submit because the scorer doesn't require every QSO to be matched--your score is based on your submission, not everyone else's.

And now thinking about it, I apologize for being one of those stations that told you we had already worked. I hadn't thought through the scenarios. It would have been better (and easier) to make the QSO.

FWIW, I only operated for about two hours each of the past two days, so any QSO I made will get submitted.