Confused

I am confused with the rules for the Triple Play Low Band event.  The rules say "Work a six hour block each UTC date ...You may have only one "BLOCK" or :BLOCK PORTION " on any given date.
I understand that to say that I can work all three dates and select my best block and submit that.  I was told by two stations that they worked me before on another day and wouldn't give me a contact.  If the day I worked them is not the one I submit, neither of us get credit for that contact.  Did I miss something?