Re: Club Crisis

K7DWI Art

I am so sorry to hear of these difficulties. I wish I could help, but I am trying to do what I can to keep the club I have participated in and worked for (over 35 years) survive as well.
http://www.swotrc.net/TheSWOTRCHP.aspx
https://groups.io/g/SWOTRadioClub
The Sidewinders On Two Radio Club (SWOT a 2 Meter SSB Interest Group), also has had its ups and downs over the years. We have been blessed with a nice endowment to stay afloat, but time, Silent Keys, changed interests and few big egos have taken a toll.

I have been a NCS, Chairman, Bulletin Editor, Yahoo and Groups.io Moderator and Group Owner and Website Caretaker (hate term Webmaster) on more than one occasion over the years.
Many times I want to walk away from them, but my love of that part of the hobby keeps me suffering and going back to help. This was all done during 2 XYL's, 5 jobs, 2 career changes and 3 home moves.

I knew I was in trouble when I talked to a well-known weak signal operator at a Hamfest and in discussion he said, "What can SWOT do for me?".
When not working 2 Meter Es, Tropo and Meteor Scatter QSO's, I was a longtime participant in a group called PropNet. For 7 years (2005-2011) on 10 Meters alone, I copied 90,000 PropNet PSK31 packets, heard all states, over 30 countries and my transmitted packets were copied in the 10's of 1000's. I wrote 2 papers, multiple overviews. recorded interviews, Blog posts and presentations on my findings. My efforts are just dust in the wind :)  No one, including PropNet would do anything or share with others my efforts.

I suggest the powers that be here get together and make a long term plan and keep it simple. I think SKCC (Straight Key Century Club) has done a fine job keeping interest up.

Another suggestion is to strongly support other groups of like interest (if they still exist).  Together you stand, divided you fall.... and add Fail.
Be inclusive, not exclusive and get others groups to do the same. Tough road in this climate, but hopefully we can salvage a good group in this hobby.
Good luck.
73 Art K7DWI #2518