RESULTS – PODXS 070 - JOTA STICKERS

stan W9SMR

RESULTS – PODXS 070 - JOTA STICKERS

The results are in! Thanks to everyone who participated and sent me their report of contacts with JOTA stations. Several reported having very interesting chats with Scouts at those stations.

Below find the results for the Participant and Enabler Stickers:

1)  JOTA Participant for those who get on air and make a contact with a JOTA station.

KB3RAN

Dave

5

KC3FL

John

6

KE0GHU

Mike

1

N7WE

Rick

4

N9AVY

Jerry

5

NO8R

Delos

1

W9SMR

Stan

4

The JOTA is a Worldwide Scouting event. Our members reported JOTA contacts from as far away as Azores, Luxembourg, Scotland, Sweden and Ontario, Canada.

2) JOTA Enabler for those who, working with a troop, set up a station, oversee operation, and "enable" PSK31 JOTA contacts for scouts.

Only one JOTA Enabler report was received from Mike, KE0GHU.

Pictured above is Mike, KE0GHU (070 #2415) and son, Thomas, KE0OCA, (Tech).

Mike provided 8 JOTA contacts as KE0GHU and two contacts as N0ISH from Camp Naish, Bonner Springs, KS. He also provided opportunities with 20M SSB, 2M FM repeaters, Fox Hunting and 6M Simplex using a Vietnam era PRC-77 for the Scouts.

As we currently do not have a “Sticker Boss”, It may take a while to get the Stickers in the mail. But eventually, you’ll get yours.

P.S.: If you have been considering taking the job of  Director - Mailing and Distribution  (Sticker Boss) after John, KE4JB has left this post, now would be an easy entry point for that 070 support role. Send me your questions!

Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director