REPORTS DUE - JOTA PARTICIPATION STICKER

stan W9SMR

REPORTS DUE - JOTA PARTICIPATION STICKER

As an acknowledgement of your participation in the JOTA on October 18 - 20, 2019,

PODXS 070 Club offers JOTA Participation and Enabler Stickers.

Before October 27th, send your email to: ROBINSTAN (at) HOTMAIL.COM as follows:

On the Subject Line, state “JOTA Sticker”.
In the body state the following:
1) Your Call
2) The number of completed JOTA contacts
3) State your role if claiming to be a JOTA Enabler

There will be two different Stickers offered to 070 members.

1)  JOTA Participant for those who get on air and make a contact with a JOTA station.

2) JOTA Enabler for those who, working with a troop, set up a station, oversee operation, and "enable" PSK31 JOTA contacts for scouts.

A JOTA Enabler may also claim JOTA Participant if they make a PSK31 contact with another JOTA station.

So far, I have received JOTA Participant reports from: N9AVY, NO8R, KC3FL, KB3RAN, N7WE and KE0GHU. Only one JOTA Enabler report was received from Mike, KE0GHU.

We will use the honor system - just like the Field Day Sticker - to determine eligibility for both endorsements as it greatly simplifies the process of awarding stickers.  If you say you participated, you participated! Please DO NOT send or attach your log.

As we currently do not have a “Sticker Boss”, It may take a while to get the Stickers in the mail. But eventually, you’ll get yours.

P.S.: If you have been considering taking the job of  Director - Mailing and Distribution  (Sticker Boss) after John, KE4JB has left this post, now would be an easy entry point for that 070 support role. Send me your questions!

Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director