The 070 Club

Matthew King - AK4MK

Hey, y'all - it is with a heavy heart that I write this email.

I've previously sent a couple different emails explaining the dire situation that we're facing with our critical technology suite. This includes our contest scorer, endorsement checker, application system, IOTA system, certificate system, and the complex "back office" management system.

We had a few very well-meaning responses to my request for developers, but we weren't able to form a viable development team capable of writing a comprehensive replacement system.

Well, the situation has gotten exponentially worse.  Here's the crux of the matter - all of the existing systems will cease to function on 03/03/20 due to an API change in the Google technology that's the foundation of the entire system.

Given these circumstances, it is my intent, unless somebody else wants to get behind the Executive Director's desk and take over the myriad responsibilities, is to gracefully fold the club as of 12/31/19.

I'll take the extra time after this date before the system breaks to square away a final mailing of stickers and certificates. As nobody has stepped up to do the mailing work since John moved and stepped down, I'll do this myself.

It's my feeling that a piecemeal approach, even if we could pull that off in time, isn't sufficient to run the club in a manner that even remotely resembles what our members have become accustomed to, and would be a disservice to the membership.

Anybody who's made a donation in the past 30 days will get a refund.  The money that remains in the coffers after that will be donated to the Red Cross.

Thanks for the good times and memories.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708