Re: Jay Hudak Memorial Sprint

K8TOM

Rick,

Yes, as I said earlier it was quite an exceptional event for this part of the country.

From the local newspaper, the Everett Herald

The National Weather Service counted more than 2,200 cloud-to-ground lightning strikes between 6 and 11 p.m., a rate of 440 an hour. Though the agency doesn’t keep records on lightning, that’s “pretty remarkable,” said NWS meteorologist Jeff Michalski. "Any time we have thunderstorms in this region it's a very rare occurrence."

While Florida averages about 100 thunderstorm days every year, Western Washington gets only five to 10, which ranks among the lowest levels in the country.

Tom
K8TOM